[LUG.ro] DARPA gives OpenBSD project $2 million grant

Fernando Scandolo (D`arcy) lugro@lugro.org.ar
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:04:43 -0300

> DARPA gives OpenBSD project $2 million grant
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=8773
>
> Que interesante No!

  Emmm... no solo es viejisima esa noticia (de abril...) sino que ya le
retiraron el grant por motivos medio dudosos...

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-misc&m=105061580500738&w=2

List:     openbsd-misc
Subject:  DARPA cancellation
From:     Theo de Raadt <deraadt () cvs ! openbsd ! org>
Date:     2003-04-17 21:39:32

FYI,

It has come to my attention that DARPA has cancelled the POSSE program
with UPENN, (sub OpenBSD & a bit for OpenSSL) for undisclosed reasons,
effective today, without any warning.

My suspicion is this happened because I made anti-war statements in a
Canadian newspaper article in the Globe & Mail, but I am not an
American citizen so I cannot claim to have free speech there (even
made "quote of the day").

We have 60 developers flying in from around the world (they bought
their own tickets, non-refundable) for a Hackathon May 8 - 20, where
we do a major part of our development; since DARPA is now forcing
UPENN to cancel those Hotel accomodations, I would be very grateful if
anyone can find a way to help us.  I'm going to need to pay for it
myself, since these people are going to come.

Thanks.